Tuesday, July 1, 2008

That's A Wrap!

PE filming has come to an end.

I'm not as sad as I thought I would be, but maybe it's because for me, filming ended a month and a half ago in Columbus. I had my last encounter with Johnny, and I couldn't have asked for a better way to end it. After that, I realized that my part was finished and I was able to let it go back then. Sure, we talked about going to Milwaukee, but came to our senses. We joked about going to Chicago, but realized how utterly silly and selfish that was and didn't. I had already had my moment, why did I need more? Why take up more of Johnny's precious down time for my own benefit? Really, that would be all it would be about. Seeing Johnny one last time. Sure, it's fun to hang out with friends, but I think the friends I've made because of this can hang out together and not be at basecamp and have just as much fun. I didn't need anything more, nor did I feel right taking anything more from Johnny - he's already given me and my friends so much. More than he knows, in fact.

Instead, it's my new friends' turn for their moment. Ones who haven't had it yet, but have been cheering those of us in the midwest on for the entire time. Minxie, it does my cranky heart good to know you got your special moment!

Now that filming has wrapped, I can look back on this whole experience and truly marvel at what I've gained. New friends, ones that I've met and spent time with, and ones that I just know online - I never expected that to happen. I was just looking forward to catching a glimpse of Johnny Depp. I was so excited that I was able to share the meeting with Johnny with my dear friends who drove down (or up) to Oshkosh for their chance. I still smile when I think about that first Monday in Oshkosh, and my friend from Chicago saying "Fuck it, I've put this much time into it, I'm not leaving until he does!" and that final Friday, with a friend deciding last minute to come down and getting her moment. I remember driving around Oshkosh the Thursday before filming began looking for basecamp in a hurricane. Standing outside in the rain at the airport on Friday. Psycho Rory Cochrane girl. Johnny Bopp. Bonding with Eric, Doug, Matt, Nikki, Eric 2 and all the other MPI people.

To all my friends, old and new, thank you for sharing this amazing experience with me. It's been a dream come true and something I never thought would happen. It's been a blessing.

Filming may have wrapped, but our new journeys together have just begun.

*passes the rum*

3 comments:

Working Slob said...

Well said Cranky.

*Rum and Cheese curds for Minxie today*

shakenbsis said...

yOU'RE FREAKIN me out Rachel! I was jsut about to write ,"Well said, Cranky." and it popped up in front of me! yikes...

Working Slob said...

Are we mind melding Shakes...

is it the Jerry love mind meld????

HMMMMMMMM...