Thursday, August 14, 2008

Musee D'Orsay, part deux

Sir Jack was so kind as to post a couple of his pictures from the Musee D'Orsay in Paris, so I thought I would post a few of mine.



Whistler's Mother by Jacob McNeill Whistler



Monet is my FAVORITE artist.




I wish I had those hanging in my dining room.



A little Van Gogh.



And some Renoir.



My mom and I stumbled upon the Grand Ballroom quite by accident. What a magnificent room!



I loved this statue.



Such magnificent chandeliers.



Orsay from across the Seine.

So, that's just a few of my pics from Musee D'Orsay. I hope you enjoyed them.

Bonne nuit, mes amis. J'espère que vous avez apprécié mes photographies du Musee D'Orsay. Jusqu' à la prochaine fois !

4 comments:

Lotus said...

Cranky, I love the pictures! I could sit and dream in the Grand Ballroom for days on end...except they'd kick me out. *smiles* I just noticed that you and Sir Jack look remarkably alike. Thanks again!

-Sir Jack said...

LOL Lotus, Cranky and I DO look alike!! Wonderful pix Cranky!! The d'Orsay was one of my favorites too! I put a new pix on my Island blog just for you!! Go see!! Merci beaucoup!!

Christine said...

Bonjour Cranky ~

Aimez vos photos d'art. Je suis si heureux vous avez partagé. Ils sont tous tellement beau et grand bal attend avec autant d'élégance.

(BTW, je suis Christine de la côte est. j'ai appris de vous tous par le biais de PE et si heureux je l'ai fait. Vous êtes un formidable groupe de personnes)

Prendre soin de.
C

Translation
----------
Hello Cranky ~

Love your photos of art. I'm so glad you shared them. They are all so beautiful & Grand Ballroom looks so elegant.

(btw, I'm Christine from the US east coast. I learned of all of you through PE & so glad I did. You all are a wonderful bunch of people)

Take care.
C

Vickie said...

Bonjour Christine - thanks for checking out my blog!

Lotus, Jack's cuter than me though. (I loves me some Roux!)

Jack - thank you for the pix, I love those paintings. :D